Do I need insurance?

You have the benefit of a limited public liability policy we have established for the benefit of our Social Carers included in our admin fee

You are responsible for confirming that the policy is suitable for you and whether or not you want to obtain additional insurance. 

Workers Compensation Insurance/Accident Protection Insurance

Workers’ compensation is covered by state or territory laws. Some contractors are covered for worker’s compensation in some states and in specific circumstances.

In New South Wales, contractors are not entitled to workers’ compensation insurance (including under the iCare scheme) unless you have arranged your own insurance. 

For further details, you can contact Safe Work Australia on 1300 551 832.