Help your Member learn a new skill from home, or at a nearby community centre with Be Connected!
Like Family are lending a helping hand to community members who are over 50 and looking to learn new technology skills. The Be Connected program contains free courses on everything from how to access the internet, using your device and keeping in touch with others online.
Be Connected is an Australia wide initiative empowering all Australians to thrive in a digital world. They have online learning resources as well as a network of community partners - the Be Connected Network - who offer in-person support so you can develop your digital skills and confidence.
What you'll need to get started
- Apply for activities on the board which are for members looking for technology support and learning assistance.
- In your activity application message, be sure to let them know that you can help them out with the Be Connected program.
- When a member messages you. Agree on a time, date and location for the booking. We'd recommend a 3-hour booking either at the members home or your local library. It depends on what they're comfortable with and their access to technology.
- During the first booking, help the member to register for Be Connected lessons. You can do that using this link: https://beconnected.esafety.gov.au/login/signup.php?
- Be sure to choose Like Family as the Name of support centre when registering.