What happens if I get injured or sick?

Like Family does not cover you for workers’ compensation insurance but we do offer Like Family group personal accident and sickness which can cover you for loss salary due to an injury or sickness.

We strongly recommend that you consider whether you need to purchase personal accident and illness insurance to cover you if you are unable to work as a result of injury or sickness.

As a contractor, you do not accrue sick days, paid holiday leave or other employee entitlements. You are responsible for organising and funding your own holiday and sick leave. 

You should account for sick days and holiday leave when you are planning your work schedule and budget.