The Social Carer Code of Conduct outlines the expectations around professional conduct and behaviour expected from all Social Carers and aligns Like Family with the standards set in the NDIS Code of Conduct for workers.
As an independent contractor with Like Family, all workers must be fully compliant with the standards outlined in the NDIS Code of Conduct.
A simple guide to the code is that in providing supports or services to people with disability,
a person covered by the Code must:
• Act with respect for individual rights to freedom of expression,
self-determination and decision-making in accordance with
applicable laws and conventions
• Respect the privacy of people with disability
• Provide supports and services in a safe and competent manner,
with care and skill
• Act with integrity, honesty and transparency
• Promptly take steps to raise and act on concerns about matters
that may impact the quality and safety of supports and services
provided to people with disability
• Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to all forms of violence against,
and exploitation, neglect and abuse of, people with disability
• Take all reasonable steps to prevent and respond to sexual misconduct.
Additionally, Like Family expects all Social Carers to comply with our specific Policies & Procedures.
At all times Social Carers should maintain professional boundaries at all times and if unsure of how to approach a particular scenario should contact Like Family for clarifcation.