Like Family is an online platform built to connect our community and reduce social isolation.
The platform allows those that require companionship or support to connect with a diverse and exciting range of Social Carers that are looking to make a difference in the lives of those in their local area.
Who are the people on our website?
The people in our community are…
- A friend and helping hand who will take care of you or your loved one
- People who you love to spend time with and who really want to build a friendship too!
- Someone you can choose independently so that you can find someone that you get along with and understands exactly how you like things done as well as how you like to have fun!
What Screening do they go through?
Each Social Carer undergoes a rigorous vetting process to ensure that they meet our standards (we don’t accept any Social Carers we wouldn’t want taking care of our own families). This includes the following:
- An online values test
- A Face-to-Face Interview
- An Onboarding Session
- Reference Checks
- Police Checks
What qualifications do they have?
The only qualification we expect of our Social Carers is a willingness and passion to make a difference in the lives of those in their community however many of our Social Carers do carry a range of qualifications.
A person’s qualifications can be found on their profile however, some of the common qualifications of them include:
- First Aid Certification
- Cert III in Community Services, Aged Care or Disability Services
- Bachelor Degrees in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, Allied Health Professions etc.
What services do they provide?
Our community can provide:
- Community Access Support
- Skills Training
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housework
- Running Errands
- Light gardening
- Assistance with Sports and Exercise
We cannot provide Personal Care or Medical care. We do not offer professional services such as cleaning, renovation, repairs, removals or gardening.
If you are looking for assistance with Personal or Medical Care, please contact us so we can help you.
By Phone: 1800LIKEFAMILY (545332)
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org