Our inductions are run as a group and work to provide you with all of the information that you will need to step out in the community as a Social Carer.
How can I prepare for an Induction?
In order to prepare for an Induction, we recommend the following:
- Complete your profile to as close to 100% as possible!
- Read about our organisation and goals through our website and blog. Make sure you know the answers to the following:
- What is an Independent Contractor?
- What kinds of support can a Social Carer provide?
- Who does a Social Carer support?
- What is Social Isolation and how does it affect our community?
- Double-check the time and day of your Induction and allow for technical difficulties that might come up whilst attempting to join. Attempting to join at any point after the induction's start time will mean you will be unable to access the call and will need to reschedule.
Inductions begin with some short introductory exercises to give you a general idea of what Like Family is all about and what we expect of you as Social Carers. Following this, you will be taken through some role-play exercises that will allow us to assess that you are ready to become a Social Carer. Inductions conclude with answers to some commonly asked questions in order to better prepare you for working on our platform.