Our inductions are run as a group and work to provide you with all of the information that you will need to step out in the community as a Social Carer.
How can I prepare for an Induction?
In order to prepare for an Induction, we recommend the following:
- Complete your profile to as close to 100% as possible!
- Read about our organisation and goals through our website and blog. Make sure you know the answers to the following:
- What is an Independent Contractor?
- What kinds of support can a Social Carer provide?
- Who does a Social Carer support?
- What is Social Isolation and how does it affect our community?
- Double-check the time, day and location of your Induction and allow for traffic. You can’t join an Induction if you are late, so do your best to get there on time on the day.
- For online inductions, you will need to join the video call before the allocated start time of your induction. Attempting to join at any point after the induction'ss start time will mean you will be unable to access the call and will need to reschdule.
Inductions begin with a group discussion about Like Family followed by some ice breakers, games and role-play exercises. The first half of the induction allows us to assess that you are ready to become a Social Carer . Following this, you will be provided with a full brief on life as a Social Carer and how to use the website to connect with Members, create and complete bookings.